You can have soup any time of the year, however a steamy bowl of your favorite soup in winter tastes so much better. Presenting two soup recipes to try this season. Chicken corn soup and the Red lentil soup. Both have their own distinct flavors, are cooked differently, but share one special feature … both are delicious. eNjOy!
If you like the recipe, consider subscribing. Thank you!
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dish25foodrecipes/
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dish25foodrecipes/
Music credits: www.bensound.com
Things I use in my kitchen and more [affiliate]:
■ Mixing Bowl Set : https://amzn.to/2LTf0kK
■ Electric Hand Mixer : https://amzn.to/3oJ2inr
■ Coffee Grinder : https://amzn.to/3sw4IrZ
■ Mini-Prep Processor : https://amzn.to/39tIi1M
■ Food Processor, 7 Cup : https://amzn.to/39yUEpl
■ Magnetic Measuring Spoons : https://amzn.to/3nG5Vcn
■ Fun read: ‘Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain’ : https://amzn.to/35VD7Xx
■ Free Amazon Prime Membership trial : http://www.amazon.com/tryprimefree?tag=dish25-20
CHICKEN CORN SOUP RECIPE
Water 3 cups
Chicken with bones ½ lbs
Ginger smal piece
Garlic 2 cloves
Cinnamon stick 1
Soy sauce 1½ tsp, extra for later
Sweet corn 2 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tbsp, extra for later.
White pepper ½ tsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Egg (beaten) 1
Green onions (chopped) to taste
1. In three cups of water add chicken, ginger and garlic, cloves and a cinnamon stick.
2. Boil the contents on medium heat, remove the cloudy bubbles with a spoon as you go.
3. Let it simmer until 1½ cup remains.
4. Drain the stock in a bowl and set it aside.
5. Shred the chicken and set it aside as well.
6. In a bowl mix corn flour in 2 tbsp of water. Set aside.
7. Heat up chicken stock in a pot. Medium heat.
8. Add soy sauce, shredded chicken, sweet corn, vinnegar, white pepper, sugar and salt. Keep stirring.
9. Add the corn flour mixture gradually in the soup. Stir continously. The soup will start to thicken. Stop when desired concistency is reacehd.
10. Pour a beaten egg slowly into the soup. Let it cook by itself for a second. Stir slowly to make the egg lumps spread around.
11. Pour the soup into a bowl. Add soy sauce and vinnegar. Garnish with green onions.
RED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
Water 2 cup
Red lentils ½ cup
Red chilli powder ½ tsp or to taste
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Blended tomatoes 2-3
Chicken or vegetable broth ¾ cup
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
Cilantro to taste, extra for garnishing
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Garlic chopped 1 clove
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Lemon juice to taste
1. In two cups of water add red lentils, turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
2. Stir and bring it to boil on medium heat.
3. Cover and cook on low heat until lentils are soft.
4. Remove lid, stir and cover again.
5. Cook on low heat until some water remains.
6. Add blended tomatoes. Stir well on low heat.
7. Add chicken or vegetable broth. Stir well.
8. Add salt. Taste and add more if needed. Stir.
9. Add cilantro. Stir. Let it cook for a few minutes on low heat.
10. Remove and pour the soup into a bowl.
11. Heatup oil in a pan. Medium heat.
12. Add cumin seeds, garlic. Saute for a minute or two. Remove from stove and drizzle on the lentils soup.
13. Garnish the soup with cilantro. Top it off with some lemon juice.