Chicken Changezi Recipe Restaurant Style | Changezi Chicken Curry | Chicken Changezi | Chicken Changezi Recipe | Changezi Chicken | How To Make Chicken Changezi | Chicken Curry | Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Changezi:
– Chicken, large pieces with bones- 1 kg
For the Marination:
– Salt- 2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tbsp
– Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt (thick) – 6 tbsp (120 ml)
– Onion, sliced- 2 medium onions (around 160 gms)
– Cashew nuts- 16
– Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2.5 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 3 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
– Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tsp
– Readymade Tomato Purée- 8 tbsp
– Room temperature Cow Milk – 150 ml
– Fresh Cream-4 tbsp
– Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
– Kasuri Methi, dry roasted and powdered- 2 tsp
– Oil or ghee- 3 tbsps + 2 tbsps for frying the chicken
– Salt for seasoning- 1/2 tsp
– Marinate the chicken pieces with ingredients specified and set it aside for 30 mins.
– Slice the onions.
– Now take a pan, heat 1.5 tbsp oil and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for around 8-10 mins till light brown in color and then add the cashew nuts. Mix and continue to fry on medium heat for another 1-2 mins. The onions should not become too dark in colour.
– Now set aside, cool and grind it to a paste by adding around 2-3 tbsp water.
– To fry the chicken pieces, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side without the extra marinade. Fry on high to medium high heat for 3 mins and then flip the pieces. Continue to fry on high to medium high heat on this side for 3 mins. Fry for another 2 mins on medium heat on each side till uniformly browned.
– Use readymade tomato purée/paste for this recipe. If not available, blend 2 medium sized red tomatoes and use that instead.
– Use boiled milk cooled to room temperature.
– Dry roast the Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) and crush it with your hands when cooled.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger garlic paste.
– Fry on low heat for 2 mins and then add the tomato purée.
– Give a mix for a minute and then add the Onion-Cashew Paste.
– Mix and fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins till oil separates.
– Add all the Spice Powders and 1/2 tsp salt and cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till oil separates.
– Now switch off heat and add the room temperature milk (boiled and cooled) and give a mix. Switch on heat.
– Keep stirring for 3-4 mins on low to medium low heat till it’s cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the fried chicken pieces and mix it well.
– Keep mixing and frying the chicken pieces on medium heat for 3-4 mins till oil separates.
– Now add 250 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook on low heat for 15 mins till meat is cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the cream, chaat masala and dry roasted Kasuri Methi.
– Mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
– Serve with roti, naan or rice.
#chickenchangezi #changezichickencurry #chickenchangezirecipe #chickencurry #chickenrecipe #chickengravy #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken