Straight out of the foodie heartland of Mexico, Chicken Enchilada is a one-pot baked dish that is worth every inch of the effort it takes to make.
Credits: Chef Preethi
– 2 Tbsp oil
– 1 Onion, chopped
– 1 Green chilli, chopped
– 1 Tomato, chopped
– 1 Small capsicum, chopped
– 200 Gms boneless chicken
– 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
– 1/2 Tsp paprika (optional)
– 1 Tsp garlic powder or 1 tsp chopped garlic
– Salt to taste
– 1 Cup boiled kidney beans (rajma)
– 4 Maida rotis
– 5 Tbsp Mexican tomato sauce
– 1 Cup grated cheese
For the filling:
1) Pour some oil into a pan
2) One by one, sauté the onions, green chillies, tomato, capsicum & chicken
3) Once the chicken looks nearly cooked, add the spices- red chilli powder, paprika powder & garlic powder
4) If you do not have garlic powder then add a teaspoon of chopped garlic
5) Now add the boiled kidney beans (rajma) & mix well
Preparing the Enchiladas:
1) For this, you need maida rotis. For the amount of filling we have, 5-6 medium sized rotis would be enough.
2) Spoon out a portion of the filling & place it in the centre of one of the rotis. Start rolling the roti from one end till it forms into a perfect roll. Tuck the sides in so that the filling does not spill out
3) Add a layer of Mexican tomato sauce on top
4) To end the process, grate cheese on top. It is important to be generous with the cheese for best results!
5) Bake at 180 C for 10 minutes
The enchiladas are now ready to relish!
Make delicious, scrumptious, tasty and flavourful food with us.
Subscribe to our channel NOW!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InMyKitchenShow
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/inmy_kitchen
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inmy.kitchen/
Want to feature your recipes or restaurants on our show?! Have culinary skills you feel you must share?!
Send us details at: email@example.com
Join the Noiz Network. Sign up at http://www.noiznetwork.in today