Chilli Fish | Chilli Fish Recipe | Restaurant Style Chilli Fish Recipe | Chilli Fish Chinese Style | Chilli Fish Recipe Indo Chinese Style | How to make Chilli Fish | Chilli Fish Dry Recipe
Ingredients for Chilli Fish:
Boneless fish cubes- 300 gms
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
– Lemon juice- 1 tsp
– Ginger garlic paste (watery)- 1/2 tsp
Batter/mix to be added to marinated fish cubes:
– All purpose flour/maida- 1 tbsp
– Cornflour- 2 tbsp
– Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
– Egg white- 1
– Salt- a pinch
– Garlic, chopped- 5-6 cloves (2 tsp)
– Green chillies, thinly sliced- 2
– Spring onion chopped- 2 tbsp
– Onion petals- 1 small white onion
– Green pepper/capsicum cubed – 1 cup
– Red Chilli Sauce- 2 tbsp
– Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
– Soy sauce- 2 tsp
– Vinegar- 1 tsp
– Cornflour slurry- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
– Oil- for deep frying and 1 tbsp for sautéing
– Wash and cut the boneless fish into cubes, pat dry.
– Marinate the fish cubes with the items mentioned. Mix well and set aside for 15 mins.
– Add the items for the batter to the marinated fish cubes and mix well.
– Heat oil in a pan/wok for deep frying (180 C)
– Fry the fish cubes in hot oil till golden. This should take around 3 mins(heat can be reduced to 160 C)
– Don’t overcrowd the pan & fry in 2 batches.
– Chop the garlic, spring onion whites and greens.
– Slice the green chillies, cube the green pepper and take out petals from 1 small white onion.
– Prepare the sauce mix.
– Take a wok/kadai and heat 1 tbsp of oil.
– Add the chopped garlic and spring onion whites. Give a stir.
– Now add the sliced green chillies, mix & sauté for 15 secs.
– Add the green pepper & then the onion petals. Sauté on high heat for 30 secs.
– Add the fried fish cubes, mix and keep sautéing on high heat for another 1 min.
– Now pour in the sauce mix and mix it well to coat the fried fish pieces.
– Add the cornflour slurry & mix it well till it dries up and coats the fish pieces.
– Add some chopped spring onion greens, mix and serve hot.
#chillifish #chillifishrecipe #chillifishdry #indochinesechillifish #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes