Learn how to make GINGERBREAD COOKIE (CUT-OUT) boys & girls for this Christmas season!! A fun baking activity for people of all ages!! Deronda demonstrates how simple & easy it is to create!! Also, learn how to make STAIN GLASS COOKIES, from the same GINGERBREAD cookie dough, using Jolly Ranchers hard candy !! Two popular cookies that will put a smile on your face…
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tube of white frosting
Boston baked beans or red hot candies for button decorations.
1. Add flour, baking powder, and all spices in a large bowl. Whisk well. Set aside.
2. With an electric mixer beat butter until smooth. Add molasses, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to molasses mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal sections, flatten into rounded disk (about 1-1/2 inches thick). Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to desired thickness (1/4-1/2 inch thick). Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Bake on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, at least 1 inch apart. Press Boston Baked Beans or cinnamon drops into cookies.
6. Bake 9-12 minutes (depending on the size of cookies). Cool slightly on cookie sheet before transferring to cool rack. Cool completely!!
7. Frost with icing, if desired!!
ENJOY your HOLIDAY COOKIES!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS…from Deronda!!
JOIN ME ON…
Deronda’s channel offers many different foods that are easy and simple to make, yet delicious to eat…Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, Snacks, Breads, Tips, and much more from start to finish!! An inspirational channel for the CHEF in all of us.
Made with LOVE
Music by…Kevin MacLeon (http://incompetech.com)