LOOKING FOR A DELICIOUS GRILLED PANINI SANDWICH? HERE’S A FAVOURITE, ALONG WITH IDEAS FOR MORE. NOW LET’S GET GRILLING!
Sandwiches have long been my go-to when I’m pressed for time. So long as there’s bread within reach, I’m game to hunt for ingredients through the cupboard or fridge and create a fabulous sandwich.
My enjoyment of homemade sandwiches increased significantly when friends gifted me with a panini maker. I suddenly could make exceptionally delicious creations that have that signature crispy outside with each bite, followed by the warmed filling.
If you don’t have a panini maker, fear not; you can make these creations in a skillet on the stove top. If you’re so inclined to purchase one, I’ve listed my favourite panini maker in the Amazon links below.
On to my favourite GRILLED PANINI SANDWICH combinations:
As featured in this story! A sprouted three-grain bread, Edam cheese, sliced turkey, tomato, avocado, alfalfa sprouts and a pesto mayonnaise. Butter the outside for crispy grilled bread that heightens the flavour.
A six-inch square of Italian focaccia bread sliced in half and brushed with herbed oil. Add layers of thin-sliced tomato, buffala mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and baby arugula tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Finish with salt and pepper and grill until the outside is crunchy.
APPLE PIE GRILLED CHEESE
Using your favourite sliced or artisanal bread, smear the outside with our cinnamon sugar-enhanced butter. For the centre, we’re tossing grated cheddar with crispy apple. This tasty sammie treat has been kid-tested and they love it. Make it your new go-to for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Yum!
For Nik’s Favourite:
2 slices of 3-grain bread
1 tablespoon of butter
2 slices of Edam cheese
3 slices of sliced turkey
1 slice of tomato
handful of alfalfa sprouts
½ an avocado, sliced
1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of pesto
salt and pepper
1)Set panini maker or skillet to medium-high heat.
2) In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise.
3) Lay slices of bread on a piece of parchment paper and lightly butter one side of each. Flip slices over.
4) On one slice, add in order: a slice of cheese, the turkey, tomato, salt and pepper, alfalfa sprouts and avocado, then finish with the second slice of cheese.
5) Spread the pesto mayonnaise inside the second slice of bread. Close the sandwich up, place on the panini maker or skillet, and grill for 5 minutes. If using a skillet, flip the sandwich over at the 3 minute mark and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
6) Cut in half and serve immediately. Garnish with a pickle.
For more great recipes and entertaining ideas, please visit:
You can also find us as follows:
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/weekendatthecottage/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/weekendatthecottage/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/WATCfood/
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/weekendcottage/
With so many options, there’s no disputing the fact that a GRILLED PANINI SANDWICH is all about the maker. Create your own masterpiece today!
Thanks for watching!