Homemade vanilla marshmallows turned into GHOSTS! These marshmallows are so soft, and a perfect treat for Halloween parties or as party favors! RECIPE BELOW!
2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
1/3 cup cold water
1 cup sugar
¼ cup cold water
seeds from 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
¼ cup corn starch
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
3. Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides. Remove the pot from the heat and stir until the sugar stops boiling.
4. Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla bean seeds or extract and mix until combined.
5. Place the marshmallow mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large, round piping tip. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pipe tall swirls onto the paper. Stick 2 mini chocolate chips onto each marshmallow as the eyes.
6. Allow the marshmallow to stiffen at room temperature for 6 hours, or overnight, until firm to the touch.
7. Combine the confectioner’s sugar and corn starch in a bowl and place in a mesh sieve. Dust over the surface of the marshmallow. Remove the marshmallows from the pan with a butter knife and dust the underside of the marshmallows with the sugar coating.
8. Bounce in a mesh sieve to remove any excess coating and enjoy! These are best consumed within 24 hours.
Candy thermometer: https://amzn.to/2pNPaR1
Piping bags: https://amzn.to/2IPYLj5
Subscribe to my Channel!
New videos every day! Make sure you tune in!
As always, thank you!!
For all of you who are amazing and have read this far, here is a clue for Friday’s video: Apple cake!
Music courtesy of Audio Network.
Song: Salad Days
This is not a sponsored video.