Don’t settle for dry pork steaks!
Juicy pork shoulder steaks in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and onions. A 25-minute one-pan meal – great for a weeknight dinner. You can also use pork chops or pork loin for this recipe!
Free printable recipe is available on our site: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/smothered-pork-steak/
3 tbsp olive oil
4 boneless pork shoulder steaks
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 onion peeled and thinly sliced
6 mushrooms sliced (I like chestnut mushrooms, but use your favourite)
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp plain (all-purpose) flour
360 ml (1 ½ cups) chicken stock
1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
60 ml (¼ cup) double (heavy) cream
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the pork steaks with ¼ tsp of the salt and ¼ tsp of the pepper.
3. Place in the pan and fry for 6-7 minutes, turning once, until browned. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan.
5. Add in the sliced onion, sliced mushrooms and the remaining ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper.
6. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onions have softened.
7. Add the 3 minced cloves of garlic. Fry for a further minute, whilst stirring.
8. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of flour over the onions and mushrooms and stir together to coat.
9. Pour in the 360ml (1 ½ cups) of stock whilst stirring.
10. Add in the ½ tbsp of tomato puree, ½ tbsp of white wine vinegar and the 60ml (¼ cup) of cream and stir again.
11. Add the pork steaks back to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce and heat the pork steaks through.
12. Serve topped with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
#Pork #Recipe #CookingShow