Mini meat pies are just great for parties or for the festive season. These mini pie parcels are little tasty gifts you’ll enjoy giving to family and friends.
400g diced beef
2 small onions finely chopped
1- 2 red finger chili pepper(optional)
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon gram masala
1 small potato diced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables of choice
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
add beef or vegetable stock
salt to taste
1. Cook the meat, pour water in a pan to cover the meat,add salt, boil until it’s tender, keep the meat liquid once meat is cooked. Add more water if needed
2. In a separate pan fry onions and chili pepper (if your using it), add the garlic, fry until the onions are softened.
3. Once the meat is cooked add the fried onion mixture to the meat and liquid, pour in the diced potato, add the mixed vegetables, garam masala and tomato sauce. Put in a stock cube either beef or vegetable stock.Stir constantly and add salt to taste if needed.
4. Cook on meat filling on a medium heat, until the liquid has boiled down. Leave the filling to cool before putting into the puff pasty.
5. Roll out the puff pastry sheet, use a sharpe knife to cut into silces of different sizes.
6. Lightly beat an egg. Brush the egg along the edges of the puff pastry.
7. Drop the filling into the center of each puff pastry slice, fold the pastry over the filling and seal along the edges.
8. Crimp along the edges with a folk to make a patten and prick the top of the pastry a few times.
9. Lay the pastry parcels in a baking tray on grease proof paper leaving space between each. Brush the beaten egg on top of each puff pastry and put into the oven to bake at 400F/200C/ Gas Mark 6 for 20 -25 minutes or until the pasty is golden brown
To fill the ready made puff pastry sheet you can also use 2 puff pastry sheets slices, put filling on one and lay another on top to cover, seal along the edges.
Frozen vegetables to use carrot,peas,sweetcorn,beans, you may need to cut the carrots smaller if making mini pies.
Try using chicken, fish or just having a vegetables for the pie filling.
Please watch: “Fried Fish Panko BreadCrumbs”