Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. This recipe will work for a classic oven braise as well as in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
__________⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ ___________
PRINTABLE RECIPE: 🖨️https://thestayathomechef.com/pot-roast/ 🖨️
❓How do I make this in an Instant Pot❓
Follow this recipe as directed, but instead of searing and baking the roast in a large pot, you’ll do all of this in your pressure cooker. Sear the roast as directed in step 2 using the sear setting on your electric pressure cooker. Cook the garlic, and deglaze the pan with liquids, and add in vegetables. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes, followed by a 15 minute natural release. Then, switch the release valve to the venting position. Remove lid once steam has stopped coming out.
❓How do I make this in a slow cooker❓
Season the roast with salt and pepper as directed in step 2 of the recipe. Searing in oil in a skillet is an optional step. Place the seared or un-seared meat directly into a slow cooker. Add in all remaining ingredients and cook on low 8 hours.
3 to 5 pound beef roast
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 cloves minced garlic
2 cups red wine
2 cups low sodium beef broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 white onions cut into 2 inch chunks
1 pound baby carrots
1 pound red potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get a large oven safe dutch oven pot heating over high heat.
2. Season both sides of chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add vegetable oil to pot and sear roast until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
3. Remove roast from pan and set aside briefly on a plate or cutting board. Add garlic to pot and saute 60 seconds. Deglaze pan with red wine and beef broth. Add roast back to the pot.
4. Pour Worcetershire sauce over roast and place the onion chunks, carrots, and potatoes on top of and around the meat. Place rosemary sprig on top.
5. Place a lid on the pan and transfer it to the preheated 350 degree oven. Cook 3 hours, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 202 degrees F and shreds easily with a fork. Season vegetables with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: email@example.com
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!