did you know… some of the most tasty ways to enjoy tofu are cold? 😛 either way here’s 7 japanese tofu recipes to help you cook tofu japanese style!
📗:::GET THE RECIPES :::
🗾so in japan tofu is pretty easy to find both at markets and at restaurants. in fact theres restaurants that specialize in it.
just like all the other types of food that tends to get specialized. and you know when thats their specialty its gonna be really good. REAL GOOD.
and that’s one of the big differences you may notice in japan, is the sheer number of specialty restaurants. some hundreds of years old. just like the ancient food tofu.
heres 7 ways for you to enjoy tofu cold. cold tofu dishes are great for hot weather and especially the summer and even better, light refreshing and certainly filling thanks to all the protein and fiber naturally found in tofu!
1. hiyayakko – japanese cold tofu which can be seasoned in many different ways!
2. tofu salad or shiraae (tofu dressed vegetables) or in the dressing itself for your salads
3. as a thickener for soups like potaju (japanese french style vegetable soup ) potato and kabocha are classic soups to give a try!
4. as a topping for soba (buckwheat noodles) – all you need is a little nori, green onion, wasabi, ginger and or shichimi
5. filling for sushi – something simple like a little kimchi, shiso and tofu strips with a little sesame oil!
6. in dessert like mitarashi purin (japanese tofu pudding with sweet soy sauce)
7. tofu cheesecake. yes tofu cheesecake!! 😲
🤔 questions of the day, which one of these tofu dishes have you already tried? which will you try first?
📗:::GET THE RECIPES :::
in one of my cookbooks or japanese cooking programs
👉 japanese ingredients and cooking supplies
✅ Plant based Japanese food made simple. Subscribe for NEW plant based japanese cooking videos each week!
🙄Curious about the Plant Based Japanese cooking club? Click the link below to learn more
👨🍳 Tokuyama Training – Structured training programs to help guide you, step by step, in your Japanese cooking journey and more!
🆓 Plant based Japanese Cooking Community 👭👬👫
Daidokoro -The original Japanese Cooking Community – 👭👬👫
🎥🔪Equipment and Japanese ingredients used in my videos-
📞Keep in touch
🏡All Day I Eat Like a shark – Japanese recipes and blog posts
DISCLAIMER: This description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support my channel and making more videos for you. Thank you in advance for the support! 🙏