This hearty robust stew has a slightly smoky peppery flavor – perfect for fall. To save time on prep day, clean and cut all of the vegetables except the potatoes the day ahead. Cover them and refrigerate until you need them.
Created by: Judy Davisson
Hands-on Time: 25 min | Total Time: 7 hours 25 min | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
1 packet (1.25 oz.) McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1½ lbs. beef stew meat
3 to 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups baby cut carrots, halved horizontally
1 medium onion, cut in 1″ chunks
1 medium turnip, peeled, cut in 3/4″ cubes
6 small red potatoes, quartered
1½ cups unsalted beef broth
4 Tbsp. instant tapioca
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, if desired
1. In large bowl, combine marinade mix and flour. Add meat; toss to coat and press mixture into all surfaces of the meat. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add beef, a few cubes at a time. Cook until deep golden brown, turning to brown all sides. Continue to add beef, a few cubes at a time, until all beef is browned, adding oil if necessary.
3. Spray insert for 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer carrots, onion, turnip and potatoes in slow cooker in order given. Spoon meat over vegetables.
4. In same skillet, mix broth, tapioca and 2 tablespoons of the remaining flour mixture (discard the rest). Heat to boiling. Pour over meat.
5. Pour tomatoes over the top. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are fork-tender. 15 minutes before end of cooking, stir in peas. Stir thyme in just before serving.
Liberating the food lovers of America, subscribe for fresh content and food inspiration. We are Fresh For Everyone. At Kroger, we are nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily. We provide Americans with a seamless digital shopping experience, 2,761 retail food stores under a variety of banner names, and aim to create Zero Hunger Zero Waste communities by 2025.
#Kroger #FreshForEveryone #KrogerRecipes
Slow Cooker Bourbon Beef Stew Recipe | Seasonal Recipes | Kroger